BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

automaticly fit text to box

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, i need to type alot of text msg's into small boxes, and because my text is in different lengths it will be difficult to fit every each sentence into its own box, so, do you guys know how to set that your text automaticly fits the window you need to type it in??
thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Koviac:

If you double-click to start the text (rather than two clucks to define the text box area), the text box will tightly enclose the text you type. Also, deselecting the Wrap Text option will fit the box to the text.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
I think Koviac does need to "cluck" (click) twice to define the width of the text box if he wants then to match the grey boxes in his image.
But he will also need to set the text font size to suit (i.e. smaller than that shown) so that the text fits better.
Unfortunately this will be trial and error as there is no way to make the text size adjust automatically.
Only the word wrapping will adjust automatically if it is on.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!