Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

camera angle

Anonymous
Not applicable
every time i want to bring up a 3d view of any floor

it always just comes up with the ground floor????

how do i fix this

thank you
8 REPLIES 8
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Could you please list the steps you take in projecting the model? Are you on the first story & select only the elements on that story, then project? If so, that's all you'll get. To get the whole enchilada you need to have either nothing selected when you project, or multi-story (dark marching ants) marquee around the area to be projected. Also check View>Elements in 3D View>Filter Elements in 3D to make sure you have not constrained the projection to your first story only.Hope that's what you're looking for.
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Anonymous
Not applicable
when i go onto perspective settings i can seen the 2nd floor which is DARk

then the ghost view of the 1st floor below it

i set the angles sun etc then press ok for 3d mode and the 1st floor comes up not the 2nd

not sure what im doing wrong here
Djordje
Ace
sniperpirate wrote:
when i go onto perspective settings i can seen the 2nd floor which is DARk

then the ghost view of the 1st floor below it

i set the angles sun etc then press ok for 3d mode and the 1st floor comes up not the 2nd

not sure what im doing wrong here
screenshot please?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
sniperpirate:

Please also post which version of ArchiCAD you are using. The options for controlling what appears in the 3D Window have changed between versions 9 and 10.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
i am using version 9

i will try post a screen asap
Aussie John
Newcomer
is your camera elevation set to be in the 2nd Storey?
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Scott Bulmer
Booster
It looks from your screenshot that the camera may be inside the building for an interior shot. If that's the case and all you're getting is the first story then you need to raise the camera 'Z' height and target settings in the camera settings DB.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes in the picture it is of the 2nd floor

and ill try moving the z angle thx