Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

camera troubles

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello guys!i have some troubles with the camera.
I want to make a perspective view through the 1st floor,but if i select my camera and i choose SHOW SELECTION/MARQUEE IN 3D,a ground floor perspective appears on my 3d viewport
i have archicad 20
im new on this forum and i dont know how to send you some images in order to understand what i mean

but my question is how can i choose in a camera the storey i want to see in the perspective view?
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
Ioana wrote:
hello guys!i have some troubles with the camera.
I want to make a perspective view through the 1st floor,but if i select my camera and i choose SHOW SELECTION/MARQUEE IN 3D,a ground floor perspective appears on my 3d viewport
i have archicad 20

but my question is how can i choose in a camera the storey i want to see in the perspective view?
A camera will not show just what is on the same storey as the camera.
It will show everything it is looking at and is within its view cone.

However you can use the "Filter and Cut Elements in 3D" command to filter to a particular storey or range of storeys.
VIEW menu > Elements in 3D view > Filter and Cut Elements in 3D (CTRL+ALT+A)
This will then be saved with the 3D view for that camera when you create it, so when you activate the view it remembers the settings.

Ioana wrote:
im new on this forum and i dont know how to send you some images in order to understand what i mean
It may be a good idea to read the FAQ section if you haven't already.
In particular ...

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=59187

Take a screen shot of what you want and then save as a file.
Then upload the file as described in the FAQ. Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11