BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

change tool with new layouts

David Bearss
Booster
My structural engineer provides me with pdf sheets that I put on a blank layout and include in pubset. I reopened a previous issue and added some new layouts to the layout book and made some changes with the change tool and I want to include in the changes in the revision history. I cannot get the changes to register in the revision history object on the new layouts. I tried placing a change directly on the layout, also placed the pdf on a reference plan and placed a drawing, and also tried a worksheet to no success.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you write a step by step description of how you create those changes and how you add them to the layout?
Like:
1. I place a Change Marker, or I click the Create New Change button in the Change Manager.
2. I draw the Change Marker on the Layout / I drag the Change entry from the Change Manager to the Layout.
etc.

After you add the Change to the Layout, when you go to the Layout Settings Dialog of that Layout, do you see the Change under the latest revision in the Revision History panel of the Dialog?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Bearss
Booster
Laszlo,
Well over the weekend I took some time and made a new copy of my project and started fiddling around and discovered I was doing the exact opposite of the two simple steps involved in using this tool. Head slap duh! got it now.
step 1 create issue.
step 2 create changes.
step 3 close issue.

thanks and cheers.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
Learn and get certified!