Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

cineRender by Maxon add-on unexpectedly closed.

mi_jan
Enthusiast
Everytime I Render a view it starts calculating the cgi and then it gets stuck at preparing 5.6%, eventually it says its finished but its not. When I open up render settings again I get the following error message

"Warning, cine render by maxon add on has unexpectedly close Archicad should be restarted. "

p.d. It happens with the custom rendering scene I have been using for the past year and also archicads default render scenes

I can't render at all, the preview comes out in the render settings window but the actual image does not. I tried Marquee with several areas of the project but still no luck.

foro-render.jpg
iMac - MacOs Big Sur 11.6.6
Archicad 24 - Latest Build
Archicad 25 - Latest Build
14 REPLIES 14
derekjackson
Enthusiast
Thanks, but the marquee trick doesn't work. I even have issues with blank files, so it seems to be independent of the model content.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Tried a reboot I assume?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
derekjackson
Enthusiast
Many times!
Pato99
Enthusiast
Just chiming in here.

I've had this issue on AC20 for a while now. I don't think it's a ram issue, I've got plenty and it happened one day out of the blue, then started a few month later on my laptop.

I've been getting around it by hitting render (getting failed render) then as quickly as possible re-rendering. It seems cinerender takes too long to start but once it's running you can jump on the back of that last startup.

Personally I think due to a win 10 update, hence the delay of the issue between devices. Re-install of software should fix the issue, but this workaround works for me at the moment.
Versions 10 to 27
Metabox Prime-X P775DM2-G (Clevo),
GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 VRAM - G-Sync,
i7-6700K (8M Cache up to 4.2 GHz),
32GB DDR4 2133MHZ,
512GB SATA 3 M.2 SSD,
Win 11 64
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I know this is an odd solution - I can't explain why it worked, but for me it did and maybe it'll help someone else out too.

I kept getting the same "cineRender by Maxon add-on unexpectedly closed" error message, and tried EVERY suggested solution I could find (including totally uninstalling and Archicad and re-installing) and nothing worked.

But then I had a weird idea and....

....I turned my VPN off.

Voila! It started working working immediately and has worked ever since!

Hope this helps save someone else from going through what I went through today!

Cheers!!