BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

click points or hotspots on windows for dimensioning, ArchiCAD v20

cremsberg
Participant
When using version 20 windows, I cannot figure out how to get the window to provide hotspots or click points to dimension the rough opening. I have not seen this issue with earlier versions or libraries. Is this a bug in the library part or am I just not finding the control for this? Image attached shows click points at the edge of casing, which is not of use to me, but not at the wall opening. New to version 20.
Claire Remsberg

Remsberg Architecture, P.A.

MacBook Pro, OSX 12.6, ArchiCAD v25 (5010)
3 REPLIES 3
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi cremsberg,

When you set up the closure for a window, you have the option to turn skins as plaster. If you choose this option, the skin will be turned outside of the defined wall contour, and won't get hotspots by default. I think that might be your problem. I attached a picture with the 3 options you have here:

- You can turn the skins as "not-plaster", and use the reveal shape/size to get the same shape - this way you should have the proper hotspots.
- You can turn the skin as plaster - this is when you will only have hotspots at the "wall edge"
- You can turn the skin as plaster, and also tick "Dimensionable in 2D" - this way you should still have the same geometry, but with the proper hotspots.

I hope this is what you were looking for. If the above doesn't help, you can upload an example file with these windows, so that we can take a look.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
cremsberg
Participant
Well, I think this is on the right track, but when I take your suggestion, it messes with the window rough opening size.
Claire Remsberg

cremsberg
Participant
For some reason this remedy changed the window tolerance amount, which I was able to go in and change, so I am good to go now. Thanks for the help.
Claire Remsberg

Learn and get certified!