BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

composite wall exterior intersections

oippam
Newcomer

Hi,

I am pretty new to Archicad and I am having an issue with exterior corners with composite materials. In the

attached image you can see the plywood peeking out at the corner. I tried looking through tutorials and this community page to figure it out. I am sure it is because I am not up to speed with correct terminology. How can I get the siding to wrap the corner. Normally it would not be an issue because most have corner boards, but this house's siding wraps the corner. Any help pointing to a tutorial would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Matt

exterior corner - compositeexterior corner - composite

3 REPLIES 3

It will likely be to do with building material priorities. The plywood will be higher than the siding causing it to pass through.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
DGSketcher
Legend

@oippam See if this setting fixes it... You need to turn it on [Tick].

Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 14.39.02.png

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
oippam
Newcomer

Thanks Lee!

I actually was playing around with that and it did not seem to work. I tried dropping the priority of all the plywood in the list to below the siding.  What did work was applying the siding to the Fill Orientation.

Learn and get certified!