BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

construction simulation

Anonymous
Not applicable
hey
I'm trying to set up a construction simulation animation.
I've gone through the task list (not fully, but enough to get started) and setup and linked some 124 tasks. I've made sure that there are no overlapping dates and that everything is in sequence (foundations to roof).

However when I go to animation the 3d window renders the full model with no construction simulation, just the complete model over a period of time. The rendering process window suggests that it is only rendering frames 110 and 111 of 124. I've checked with the animation dialogue box that the intervals are set at 1 day and therefore there is a frame for each action. The start and finish dates are also correct for the task list.

But still no animation
Can't get it working in parrallel projection or in perspective.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
further to the above...
Have started again with the task list (making sure that everything was unlinked).
I'm using just 6 tasks with no more than 4 items linked to each task.
Making sure the 3D window is set to perspective rather than parallel projection.
Now when I go to run the animation the programme crashes.

(I did make sure that all items were unlinked before re-setting the task list. I read in AC9 manual that it was inadvisable to run another construction simulation.)

Starting to get a little frustrated
Rakela Raul
Participant
i have been using the construction simulation addon for ac11 and im just cannot make sense out of it.....sometimes shows what i meant to....elements get selected or drop randomly...i have wasted a lot of time...i cannot select elements in 3D wdw, etc, i have read the 2 pages manual several times and nothing....if anybody got the hint on how to use it properly, please share it.

is there any software that can do this decently and not beyond expensive?? maybe artlantis studio? or a fixed 'construction sim addon' ?

i have built the 2 models in ac11 (existing structure and new structure), then i want to do a 'demolish 50%' and build 50% and then the other half.
and i dont have more than 60 tasks.

if anyone has done before, please help

and mister flute, those construction simulation created using viz are killing me...out of reach
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Rakela Raul
Participant
have been using the construction simulation addon for ac11 and im just cannot make sense out of it.....
It does work !!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Learn and get certified!