BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

detail border how to get rid of it

Eduardo Rolon
Every time I place a detail marker, when i go to that particular detail I get a rectangle around the drawing (which I presume comes from the area of the detail).
If I erase it then if I rebuild the detail it comes back.
I cannot turn off the layer because it is in the Archicad layer.
There must be a setting that I have not found so if anybody knows how to turn that bounding box off I will appreciate it.
The reason I am asking this is that I am finishing a proyect that has about 150 details and I don't want to go to the trouble of manually erasing them or changing their layer to another
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Honestly I haven't had the opportunity to use the detail tool to it's full capacity yet. I am just now concluding a project involving over 200 details, but they are all developed as strictly 2D (for reasons I don't have time to go into).

The border has not been a problem for me since I have always used a mask around my details (all drawings in fact) and it covers the automatically created border. I use a library part for this which also titles the drawing and sizes it to fit the sheet, but you could do the same thing with a white fill. You will just have to bring your column lines, etc. to the top to overlay the mask fill.

The other (probably easiest) solution is to make the border pen white. There doesn't seem to be any way to turn it off.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The detail tool seems to be taking a "screen shot" of the area you select and converts most elements including the background area to a fill. I've tried every conceivable display option, preference and setting to prevent this from occurring to no avail. I've even tried creating new detail markers and modifying existing ones, no dice. The only advise I have is select the fill turn off the fill outline and do not rebuild from source view unless absolutely necessary. Rebuild Detail Drawing will not bring it back but rebuild from source will.
Learn and get certified!