Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

different exterior wall materials

dhnguyen
Contributor
This is my first attempt of building a split level house in ArchiCAD. I know, it's a far cry from the actual photo....
My questions are:
1. please see section - is this the typical way of setting the floor level for a split level house? - with 0ft being the basement?

2. Please see left side of section -- I made the First floor exterior walls longer and have them extend to the top of the concrete of the basement level. Is this the typical way of building the wall or a split level house or do you build two different walls for the basement level? - How do I create opening for doors and windows if half of the door is on one wall and the other half is on the other wall?

3. I have brick as a siding material one of the walls, i can't figure out how to draw this wall with the current way i set up.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru
Use an empty door opening or a duplicate door with it's 3d turned off in the upper wall.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Barry Kelly
Or look into using multi-storey walls.
A wall height can be greater than the storey it is on and it can be set to display on multiple storeys in plan.
Then you need just the one window/door opening.

Easy if the wall is all the same material.
If the material varies at different heights then you want to look at using a complex profile wall.
In 22 & 23 you can even set modifiers in the complex profiles so you can adjust the heights and thicknesses of the different materials in each placed wall instance.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
dhnguyen
Contributor
thank you for the responses!
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)