Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

dimensioning...

Llian
Advocate
This is driving me crazy…I have selected the geometry method but still having trouble getting the cursor to dimension at an angled...
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Lilian:

If you are having trouble with the Any Direction geometry method, just rotate the dimension line after placement.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
If you choose the angled geometry method, you can choose the angle from the first two points you click when placing the dimension.
This may not help in your situation if you want the dimension angled but still square to the elements.
You can use intersecting guide lines to get the points you want but the dimension will not be associated.

Or you can temporarily rotate the plan so it appears square (orientation angle at the bottom of the plan window), then dimension, and then set back to 0°.

Or just adjust the dimension you have placed.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11