BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

dimensions preference doesn't "stick"

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to change my dimensions preferences so that my dimensions show trailing 0 inches, ie 8'-0" instead of 8' . I found in Objects>project preferences>dimensions that I can fix this with the radio buttons, and when I click "ok" it makes the changes in my active window. But when I rebuild the window or check any others, the dimensions have reverted to their previous setting.

What am I not doing, to make these changes "stick"? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Srinivas
Booster
Make sure you apply those dimension preferences to your view map to make them stick.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
jfanjoy:

Also, once you have the preferences set correctly in the Project Preferences > Dimensions window, name the Standard so it does not read as "Custom".

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
AHA! I knew it must be something like that, I just didn't know where to look. Thanks.
nusha
Newcomer
Srinivas wrote:
Make sure you apply those dimension preferences to your view map to make them stick.
I'm having the same problem. Seems like your solution works but (sorry for a silly question) how do I apply dimensions to the view map?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
nusha:

In the View Map, select the View, click on Settings, in the 2D/3D Documents panel change the Dimensions to your desired Standard.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!