Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

door schedule colors

Tom Krowka
Booster
HAve generated a door schedule; doors show up with the surface material. How can I get them to show up only in black and white outlines? The colored doors are custom door leafs created with those colors since one can't change materials in the door dialogue box with custom doors. The criteria is 3D front view. Have also tried view from reveal side and view from opening side but they also come in with colors. The other doors have white paint as their material which explains why they look white.

So once again....how can I get them to show up in outline with no colors? If I place the schedule and print it I'm pretty sure the door will show up as a black square. Thanks Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
16 REPLIES 16
Barry Kelly
Tom wrote:
Any other ideas? Haven't heard anything back from GS support yet. Thanks Tom
I am not sure what to try next.
I have tried it with a default GS 'door 22' and created a custom door leaf with an override surface, with and with out a cover fill.
And it worked fine for me.

Just as a final check, make sure your schedules are all closed.
In the plan switch to the GO with the transparent background fills.
Now open the door schedule from the Project Map and not the View Map, so you can be sure you are not changing the GO.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

If the problem is still not solved, I could take a look at your file, if you send it to me in a PLA through a Private Message.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Tom Krowka
Booster
GS tech support reviewed the file and sent me a new graphic override that works. I compared the one they sent with the setting that I had, and couldn't see any difference. I replied and asked wht the difference is/was, but no response.
Am using the new one but am curious why the original didn't work. Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Please post it if you get any feedback. I am curious now!
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Tom Krowka
Booster
no response. I can do a PLA if you want to check it out for yourself. Send me an address to send it to.
Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

I took a look at Tom's file. It seems to be working fine for me with the settings shown in the pictures.

In the 2 GO settings I compared one was set up with a rule that only affected things with blue surfaces and one that had the same settings as in the pictures above.

The latter obviously worked fine, but with the former I noticed, that when I changed the criteria of the rule (to affect every element), the View didn't update automatically, so it could have even seemed like it wasn't working. Using Rebuild & Regenerate (ctrl+shift+alt+R) solved this.

Maybe that is what was causing the confusion?

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Tom Krowka
Booster
Maybe. Have used the GO that tech support sent me and it worked fine without R & R. Will have to go back and check with other GO to see if it works with R & R. Although I'm pretty sure I tried that as I know schedules have to be regen when they are changed.
Thanks Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com