Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

dwg format not available

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to export to dwg. In the publisher window, I only have pdf and Bimx formats available. I'm sure it's something simple but I can't figure this one out.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Check the publisher properties for that publisher set, and check it’s not set to create single file.
Then more format options will be available,
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
At the bottom of the Publisher window, there is a drop-down tab labeled "Format" which will let you select DWG. (You might need to create a new Publisher set.)
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, there is a format dropdown but in my case it only contains pdf or bimx options. Hence, the question. I see all the options in videos explaining this procedure but I don't have the options.
Anonymous
Not applicable
So... in AC 21, all the options are there. In AC 22 & 23, only two options. Looked through Work Environment but couldn't find anything. Some setting somewhere is doing this. Puzzled.
Karl Ottenstein
This wouldn't be in the Work Environment, Kris. More likely, you either do not have a full / Professional license - or the installation did not install all of the add-ons and you need to re-install. Attached is what I see in Windows 10.

What is your license type? When you click on Help > About do you see 22 FULL displayed? Help > License shows License Type as "Commercial"? If not, that could be the issue.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
AC 21 says Full
AC 22 & 23 say Commercial
I just selected the default installation for 23. Can't remember what I did in 22.
Just looked at the Goodies install for 23 and don't see anything for dwg export.
Karl Ottenstein
Not in Goodies... in the Add Ons folder: Add-Ons > Import-Export. To get things registered properly, you should probably save your work environment - save every category to a NAMED group, and export - then uninstall, reinstall and reload your WE.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Check the publisher properties for that publisher set, and check it’s not set to create single file.
Then more format options will be available,
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, not setting the Publisher Properties to "Create single file" was the issue. The help file talks about saving several layout files to a single dwg file which was threw me. As with a number of things in Archicad, it is not always intuitive. Everything is good when you know the EXACT steps. Problem solved. Thanks to all for your help.