Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

elevation for construction plan with different siding

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

We try to assign a fills to a surface with siding with a gray background to distinguish two siding on the elevation without doing gray fills over.

Anyone have done that before is there a solution.
1 REPLY 1
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
No way to have a coloured background for plain vectorial filled drawings sadly. You either go full colour or, indeed, use another fill you draw yourself.

I've learned to live without them. It's a limitation and annoying, but it's not worth the extra time of updating fills manually with every change.

I do sometimes use different pen colours for the hatch itself. We have a black, grey, blue, red and green range of pens with 10 different line weights in the dutch template pen set. All conveniently numbered from 1-10, 21-30, 41-50 etc. So pen 1 is black in print with certain line weight, pen 21 is the same line weight, but grey, 41 is blue (I think), etc. This also works nicely.

Especially the grey and blacks work nice together. See below for screenshot from a project where I used it to distinguish different masonry.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5