BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

elevations lineweight hack. yes or no?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

I've been struggling with my elevations looking pretty flat because Hatches and geometry lineweights are the same. So I've improvised without doing any 2d work.

I made two test elevations with different view settings and overlayed them over top of each other in a layout. one having light hatches and one with heavier geometry lines.

see attachement.

My question is: Is this a good idea? Please let me know if you see any reason why I shouldn't be doing this.

second question: Is this needed? am I just missing something in the settings that would allow me to have hatch and geometry lines different lineweights.

Thank you so much in advance. this forum is helping me out a ton!

[/img]
3 REPLIES 3
Yes, you are missing a LOT. You have control over lineweights and fills of individual items in the "Floor Plan and Section" display options of individual elements. (See "Outlines" section, and cover fills, as well as Model surfaces). You also have the "Marked Distant Area" to adjust display of more distant elements.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Richard,

Thanks for replying. I'm familiar with the marked distance area and I know how to tweak that. The problem I'm having is how do you seperate the hatch lineweights from the outline lineweights. I only see one setting for both.

Also by changing individual elements in the "floor plan and section" display options. Its possible to make a roof darker because its closer, but it will change in all the elevations even when its farther away in a different elevation.

Thanks for helping me understand some of these settings. This is a difficult program to learn.
Try here:
Surfaces.jpg
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Learn and get certified!