BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

expressions in override

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,
I was trying a some analysis on open on the wall .
so I made a very sample expression which work prefectly on lable ,schedules and find and select as it appears in images below but when I try to make it appear in 3d view (I want the wall which has open area more than 5 appear with diffirent colour ) the expression does not appear at all in the properities.
and I noticed that alot of expression had disapeared .
I dont know how to do that with override (to make it appear ) and if there are some rules to make it appear.
and I am sure I have seen that before in AC 22 first premiere (they changed the colour of zone depond on it capability of workstations or some thing like that .
Is there any way to make expressions appear on override rule .

thank you in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello everyone,

Thank you for reporting the issue here! This is an interesting topic!

Although the custom expressions are visible in schedules, Find & Select and Text tool, it has been a design decision that some of the Properties cannot be used in Graphic Override rules. The reasons behind it are partly technical, partly the performance. For example: properties that cannot be processed in the background, or the calculation based on the model are not available.

In this case, since the custom expression (Area of the window) is a calculation based on the settings of the window placed on the wall, Graphics Override automatically hides the expression.

The wish to have this feature to be implemented has been recorded in our Wishlist database (please refer to it as #12116). I have updated it, hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all for your contribution, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here it doesn't appear at all
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have mistakenly made a check ( as solved )on my question is there any way to remove the green check.
Eduardo Rolon
It should reset if you click on it a second time. Anyway I removed the checkmark
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks you..
DGSketcher
Legend
I am getting the same results. The graphic override list is hiding values that contain user custom expressions. This means even changing an existing property value removes it from the GO list. I can't see any logic to it but the GO filter value list is completely different to the others so even basic schedule values are missing.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you  DGSketcher,
I dont think I was asking wrong question. Because it work perfectly with schedule and labels and the problem is that,it completely disappears in the minue of graphic override (please notice the image that connects with graphic override) .
After making some searching on this issue,I found that,the graphic override does not accept all expressions especially which need some calculations also does not accept GDL parameters. But only accept the value or expression which connect directly to parameters of the elements.
On the other side (schedule or find and select or labels) accept all expressions .
I guess that Graphisoft make that for some reason.
Label connects with one object and find and select connect with one action and schedule usually takes some time.
While graphic override always active with the complete project so if all complex expression active may decrease the speed of file or make problems or crashes.
I think that and I don't know if that correct
Finally I hope graphic override accept all expression and If i did not get any answer I would put it in wishes scetion.
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello everyone,

Thank you for reporting the issue here! This is an interesting topic!

Although the custom expressions are visible in schedules, Find & Select and Text tool, it has been a design decision that some of the Properties cannot be used in Graphic Override rules. The reasons behind it are partly technical, partly the performance. For example: properties that cannot be processed in the background, or the calculation based on the model are not available.

In this case, since the custom expression (Area of the window) is a calculation based on the settings of the window placed on the wall, Graphics Override automatically hides the expression.

The wish to have this feature to be implemented has been recorded in our Wishlist database (please refer to it as #12116). I have updated it, hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the future.

Thank you all for your contribution, and I wish you a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!