BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

external drawing and very big distance

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, i've been looking everywhere, but i guess i'm not looking properly. I import external drawing to independent worksheet and everything is fine, but when i start to build walls there is a problem. Picture is so big that when i make a wall on picture it should have like 11m but in archicad it have 350m which is a big diffrence how can i scale it or show archicad how it should calculete the distance? I tried to use reshape>resize on drawing but it is almost impossible to match it. Is there any other way?

thx for respond
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi goped

I am assuming that you have imported an image of a floor plan, and would wish to trace on it. However, the image that you have dropped on plan view is not to scale.

If there are dimensions on the image, it would be relatively easy. You can re-size the image based on the dimension. How I usually do it is to: -

1) Draw a line that is of the correct length. For example, if the dimension is indicated as 9000mm long, draw a line that is of that length.

2) Move the line to be aligned with the dimension line, ensuring 1 end of the line is on either end of the dimension.

3) Use the re-size tool (check the "define graphically" box), with the resizing centrepoint as the point where the line you had drawn meeting the end of the dimension line.

1st vector of resize ratio is the other end of the dimension.

2nd vector of resize ration is the other end of the line that was drawn.

If no dimensions are found on the drawing, then the only way is to locate an item on the drawing of which you are absolutely certain of its actual size, and to resize the image based on the same principle.

Hope it helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah, thx very much that was exactly what i need
Anonymous
Not applicable
If it's any help there is a slightly quicker method you can use which avoids the use of an extra line.

- Make sure the tracker is turned on.

- Select the image/drawing.

- Press Ctrl+K, make sure 'define graphically' is selected, and hit return.

- Click the point where the known dimension starts.

- Use the Guidelines or Shift to constrain the cursor either vertically or horizontally, and click the point where the known dimension ends.

- Type the distance it should be into the keyboard and hit return.
Learn and get certified!