BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

favourites names tied to elemnt ID

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want lock the name I have assigned to a favourite into its element ID. For example. I make two favourites in this order.

Slab tool: 1mm thick made of dpm and assigned characteristics including' label as ID'. It is given ID 'dpm'. Saved in slab favs as 'dpm'

Slab tool: composite of screed, insul, insitu conc etc, assigned characteristics including' label as ID'. It is given ID 'insulfloor' Saved in slab favs as 'insulfloor' .

Now if I go back and select the dpm fav, its ID will have changed to 'insulfloor'. If I correct this ID to 'dpm', then select the 'insulfloor' fav - its ID has changed to dpm.

I want the fav name and its element ID to be the same and remain the same. In this way I can incorporate the ID option when setting the labeling characteristics of a favourite and hopefully when I label all instances of the dpm favourite on a drawing, the label will read 'dpm' and all instances of insulated floor will read 'insulfoor'. These short labels are then headings in the specification. (Brief aside. It would be great if these labels were hot and could be clicked to bring up editable text boxes to contain the spec)
2 REPLIES 2
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.
Review the favorites preferences, and make sure that the ID for your slabs is NOT checked.

As noted in the preferences, checked parameters will not be applied when using a favorite.

Best regards.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
And check what else is excluded there also. Use the Group by Parameter option, although you may need to check this and redo it a few times for it to stick IME.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!