Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

fill in color

dhnguyen
Contributor
I usually do the fill in layout space so the color show up - for presentation purpose, and they plot just fine. Wall lines black, fills in color as I want it.
However, this time I want to do the fill in model space so I can show the square footage, however, when i publish the drawing, it does not come out in color.... how do I do I get the fills to show up in color while keeping the walls black when I publish?
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
When you placed the View as a Drawing on a Layout, select the Drawing and go to its settings Dialog. In the "Size and Appearance" panel, there is a "Color" field, which should be set to "Defined by Pen Set".
Then you should see you Drawing's content in Color on the Layout.

The other thing could be the Publishing Settings - they may be set to "Grayscale" instead of "Color".
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
dhnguyen
Contributor
I just want the fill to be in color and not the walls and lines. If I select "color" in my "drawing selection settings" dialog, all items will be in color. is there another solution to do the fill in model space and have it come out in color instead of doing it in layout space?
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

Eduardo Rolon
Since you are in 18 you don't have Graphic Overrides as options so the only way to do it is to create a new Pen Set to define the colors for that type of drawing and then you can keep the drawing view as Color which is the correct option.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

dhnguyen
Contributor
So I created a new pen set as you suggested, it did get all the walls to show up black and the fill to be in color as i wanted, all in model space. However, when I go to layout, updated view with the right pen set, but everything shows up black instead...
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

Eduardo Rolon
Check that the Pen Sets ettings for the drawing placed on have “By View” and colors “Defined by Pen Set”
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

dhnguyen
Contributor
awesome, thank you!
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25