BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

finding / adding textures

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where can I find jpg textures for Metal Sales Classic Rib wall panels? We use the classic rib panels for walls and roofs. Would be great for using with the photo rendering tool. Not to much available in the libraries for textures. Do we have to find individual textures for all of the different colors of panels available?

We currently are on ArchiCAD 10.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
You might be able to find something that works from CADimage. Probably the simplest & most costly solution.

But if it were me, I'd probably model the profile. They have sections of the panels in dwg and pdf at Metal Sales. You could easily build it using the profile manager. Or alternately you could build a texture map approximating the profile and use it in a material - wouldn't look as sharp as a profile close up, but would look good from a distance and be easy to apply.
Barry Kelly
I'm not sure what a Metal Sales Classic Rib wall panel looks like but there are quite a few websites where you can download textures.
Some are free and some are not.

One such website is ...

http://www.cgtextures.com/

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!