BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

good landscaping / plant object libraries to purchase

Anonymous
Not applicable
i need some info on where i can purchase plant & tree objects to use in archicad 12. Our companies starting to do some 3d rendering and need some good objects to make things look a little more real.
3 REPLIES 3
Dwight
Newcomer
You have a problem.

If you intend to do above-average renderings, you'll want to investigate Artlantis and the fast-rendering [some seasonally changing] plant libraries they sell.

When exporting the Archicad file, you simply make a layer with Archicad plant material that can be turned off in Artlantis and superior material substituted.

Many users generate complex, botanically convincing trees using Onyx Tree Pro and export them with simplified geometry to Archicad.

I have enjoyed trees from the Hoshino Residential Library for many years, but while they look very plant-like, they are also rather geometric - not 'random'. For schematic design, not rendering.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you're still looking for plants, check out the Cadimage World website:
http://www.cadimageworld.com/objects

These are cutout plants, i.e. each plant is a photograph pasted on a single polygon (not a billboard). In section/elevation you still see the shape of the plant.

You can choose high or screen resolution depending on what quality of output you require.
Dwight
Newcomer
Reinvigorating the topic, I've just received the latest Dosch plants. While these 3Ds format objects are polygon intensive, they are completely modelled, with flawless surface maps.
plant.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!