Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

handrail lines and fill change with reno filter

heathldesign
Expert

hey ho,

i have been wrestling with some elevations to try and get my handrails to show. for some reason the renovation filter is changing the pen and fill properties, i think. when i switch between reno filters they show on a few but not most. the railing is there and "visible" but the pens and fill are white. i have them on a visible layer, they are existing and the reno filter is set to show existing, there is no graphic override set, the detail level in the MVO is set to show all railing components visible & hidden. and of course the object pens and lines are not white or dotted etc. i don't know where else to look.

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 13.35.43.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-29 at 13.35.27.png
MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ocamorlinga
Booster

I just ran into this issue today as well. Anytime I create a new railing, if the renovation filter for Existing Elements is set to "Hide", my rail will not display, regardless of MVO settings or line types/fills. The "Show on all relevant filters" button referenced in the thread mentioned above does not work for me, and all the sub elements of the railing show "New" under the renovation status.

What did work for me was to set the renovation filter for Existing Elements to "Show", then set the railing to the Existing renovation filter, then set it back to new. Then I can switch the Existing Elements renovation filter back to off and it continues to show in my floor plan.

https://youtu.be/HgMQukPvFfI

This "bug" happens whether it's a new railing or if I eyedrop it from an already "fixed" railing. (One that I have set to Existing then back to New in order to display correctly).

AC 24 US
Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 16.0 GB Ram, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

are the settings to these Railing Tool elements set to their correct pens?

GerardLeonor_0-1638229689183.png

the ones in our projects seem to have the default set to 91 (white), so i'm having to manually change them. every. single. time. i make. a new. rail type.

i'm sure there's a way to speed things up & save the current settings, but i tend to leave these things later when i have time to work on the template.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

Is it similar to this problem we had with stairs just a little while ago?

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/AC25-stair-shows-in-3D-window-but-not-i...

Maybe the railing is set to show on one reno filter but the individual parts are set to show on another?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Gerard,

the pens and lines are correct in both the 2D and 3D settings for all components. 

Hi Barry,

yep, i think that's the issue. the whole object is set to the correct reno filter, but the components are not. i need to change it in the reno pallet, but it won't let me. i tried toggling the show on current ... button, but it doesn't toggle. i'm making a call to GS i guess.

Solution
ocamorlinga
Booster

I just ran into this issue today as well. Anytime I create a new railing, if the renovation filter for Existing Elements is set to "Hide", my rail will not display, regardless of MVO settings or line types/fills. The "Show on all relevant filters" button referenced in the thread mentioned above does not work for me, and all the sub elements of the railing show "New" under the renovation status.

What did work for me was to set the renovation filter for Existing Elements to "Show", then set the railing to the Existing renovation filter, then set it back to new. Then I can switch the Existing Elements renovation filter back to off and it continues to show in my floor plan.

https://youtu.be/HgMQukPvFfI

This "bug" happens whether it's a new railing or if I eyedrop it from an already "fixed" railing. (One that I have set to Existing then back to New in order to display correctly).

AC 24 US
Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 16.0 GB Ram, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

wow! you da man (i think :). i did what you did, though with different reno filter settings and it worked.

thanks so much!