BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

help with plotmaker3

Anonymous
Not applicable
well, i'm a student (it's my first prj in archicad )
one of my layouts contains a axonometry and perspectives. i wanted those as simple lines not image, as i have to scale the axonometry. a-ok till ploting. in the ploted image, all oblique lines look kinda funny. they look as constructed from more horizontal lines. is there a way i can plot a clean oblique line?
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you referring to jaggies? If your printer/plotter is low resolution (300dpi) non-orthagonal lines (especially the thin ones) will have a stair step appearence as it goes from one row of dots to the next.
Djordje
Ace
comma wrote:
one of my layouts contains a axonometry and perspectives. i wanted those as simple lines not image, as i have to scale the axonometry.
Then save as PMK from the 3D hidden line view, and place it in the layout. It will be vectorial and can be resized, and is also to scale.

As you are using the image now, the jaggies that you see are a normal thing - meaning that the pixel count of your image is not enough for the printed size, and that the antialiasing should be set to a higher value. Both of those require longer rendering times.

IMHO it is better for you to go the hidden line PMK way.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
10x guys... hopefuly the pbm is solved. i'll know when i'll plot it again. unfortunatly i don't have a ploter so it will take a while to find out if it's solved. i really didn't know who to ask. i'm quite glad i registered this forum. i'll be back with more questions. learning archicad (as simple as it looks at first ) is quite a drag laerning all by m'self.
Djordje
Ace
comma wrote:
i'll know when i'll plot it again. unfortunatly i don't have a ploter so it will take a while to find out if it's solved.
Print it to PDF at 300 dpi and zoom really close - you will see the jaggies or not. If not, that is how it is goig to print, device resolution permitting.
comma wrote:
i really didn't know who to ask. i'm quite glad i registered this forum. i'll be back with more questions. learning archicad (as simple as it looks at first ) is quite a drag laerning all by m'self.
Not easy by yourself at all (been there, done that). There are quite a few people from your part of the world on the Forum, there might be someone at least in the same city - forming a user group is always a healthy thing!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
10x for the really cool ideea djordje. u'r da' moderator. u helped a lot really 10x.
about the posibility of a wrkgroup. well ther's only one other guy i found. he's an architect. since he pbly wouldn't have anything to learn from me.... it wouldn't wrk both ways.
anyway i'm turning into a real archicad fanatic
Anonymous
Not applicable
comma wrote:
well, i'm a student (it's my first prj in archicad )
one of my layouts contains a axonometry and perspectives. i wanted those as simple lines not image, as i have to scale the axonometry. a-ok till ploting. in the ploted image, all oblique lines look kinda funny. they look as constructed from more horizontal lines. is there a way i can plot a clean oblique line?
will my dear
i recommend you to save your axonometry as 2d lines
and then past it at your floarplane layout beside the perspective ...
and you can then resize any thing and write what do you need
Anonymous
Not applicable
hey 10x, but too late, i just saved it as .2dl 5 mins ago, as i found out it was kinda tough modifiing the .pmk a little tough. i thought it was a newbie aproach, i'm happy to know others do it. makes me feel beter as i figured it out by myself.
Anonymous
Not applicable
guys..... well the jaginess is still there. it is vectorial, it is rebuilt on zoom but it is rebuilt like that with that resolution... does all u'r ploted prj have jgged obliques or i have too look up some other way of ploting..... could this pbm be one for the wish list?
hmmmmmmmmm
Anonymous
Not applicable
orr................ perhaps i'm too picky
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!