BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

help with render

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to show bathroom floor with diagonal tile, 45 degree angle from walls. I changed the angle under the "material setting" and it showed right in 3D, but when I render the view it goes back to the default. How can I fix this?

Also, I can create a new material with a new picture, but after I render it again goes back to the default. Is this possible to correct as well?

I have AC 10. MacBook OS 10.4.10. 2GHz Intel core duo, 2 GB ram.
Please let me know if you need any more info to help me.

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
You are a perfect candidate for Dwight's book, Lightworks in ArchiCAD. Consider getting a copy.

The problem you have encountered suggests that you are rendering with LightWorks and not the internal engine. However, you changed your materials in the Internal Engine panel of the Materials dialog, so things look good in OpenGL in the 3D window.

The most simple fix, which may mess up other settings though, is to show the LW panel in the Materials dialog and click the button that says something like 'match with internal engine'. Render again, and your tile should be rotated (and sized) as desired.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the help. However either I didn't understand correctly what to do or it didn't work.
I went to: Document>Creative Imaging>Photo Rendering Settings...
Under LightWork Rendering Engine, there is option "get model date during rendering process". I checked the box but it made NO difference.
Karl Ottenstein
Go to the Material dialog - the same place where you rotated your tile to 45 degrees...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!