BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

how can I publish exactly what I see in the layouts as DWGs?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I have about 12 Layouts set up with my office header, scale, some additional text information which isn't in the model space and various cropped parts of my views.

When I publish them as pdfs everything works perfectly but when I want to publish the layouts as dwgs, half the information goes missing. I am left with only the view, and the whole view is shown rather than the cropped part of it. This is especially confusing to consultants as in some of my views I have more than one version of the design. And the missing text is really problematic.

When I create dwgs through the publisher, some of the consultants receive files that are empty on the programs they use. The only thing that works reliably is to draw a marquee around each area I want and save it as a dwg. But this is so time consuming that it's not really an option.

I have tried almost all of the settings in the translator and tried all the "save layout into" options but I never get what I am looking for. I just want exactly what I can see in the layout to come out as a dwg. And ideally I'd like them to be saved into one dwg file.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me, this problem has been plaguing me for some time.

Cheers
1 REPLY 1
Eduardo Rolon
Misread. Try using Paper Space with Cropped View setting and use an old version of autocad for compatibility.
Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 1.49.28 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!