BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

how can i create a structural plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
is there a way to create a structural plan view in archicad.... to make the view look upward to see the slab overhead. like if i was in G.F i want to see the slab of F.F....... thanks

AC 17
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Might not be completely what you want but I think the closest thing at the moment is the Reflected Ceiling Plan option for 3D Documents:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnXY6vLUwlWXsjsjkF9PPfg_S62lLMDKY
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
i did exactly what the video said..... but i can not get the same result.... i do not know what I'm doing wrong... is there any way to help
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Post a screenshot of what you achieved and point out what is not correct or does not appear the way you want it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i create with marquee tool a 3d floor plan for the ground floor and i change the setting for the floor plan projection but the slab the G.f slab gone and first floor slab dos not appear
Capture.PNG
Anonymous
Not applicable
the first floor plan...
Capture1.PNG
Barry Kelly
If you just want to show the extents of your upper floor slab on the ground floor then in the settings for the upper floor slab you will want to have a look at the "Show on Storeys" settings.
Try setting it to "show on home and one storey down".

The only control the line type (dashed, solid, etc.) is set in the OPTIONS menu > Project Preferences > Construction Elements...

You don't have any control of the pen colour (separate to what you see in the upper floor).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you for your replay .... the issue here is there an option to make a RCP with 3d floor plan but i cant get the sAME RESULT AS IN THE VIDEO..... THANK YOU again for your replay
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Make sure that the Home Story of the Slab on the 1st Floor is the 1st Floor and not some other floor.
Also you may try to play with the Offset setting in the 3D Settings Dialog, possibly increasing it so it "looks" further upward.
Learn and get certified!