BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

how can i make a field in my title block to enter text

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, i am a former Revit user that switched to AC with a new job. I need to make a title block for revision drawings and i need to be able to input the date per sheet. It looks like with master layouts, that if i change the date, it changes on all the layouts using it; i don't want that. I also do not want to make a new layout every time i need to make a new sheet. I know that in revit, i could add a parameter to the title block that would allow me to enter text information (date) that would only show up on that specific sheet and not everywhere else. Is there a way i can do this? I was thinking i could use the #custom autotext field to achieve this, can I?
Thanks for any help
(I may not like ArchiCAD, but its not your fault; unless your a developer...)
8 REPLIES 8
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Someone may be able to come up with a GDL workaround. Barring that, the best chance I see of succeeding with this is to use autotext (referring to custom Project Info entries) on specific layouts. Then copying the entire layout to create new sheets.

You can still use the base titleblock on the master and just have the date on each layout.

We definitely don't have the automation you are used to, in that regard.

Cheers,
Link.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Hence wrote:
i could add a parameter to the title block that would allow me to enter text information (date) that would only show up on that specific sheet
If the above is really all you want, make an empty space in the title block on the master, and then simply type the date on the specific sheet with the text tool!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
vistasp
Advisor
I use a home-made gdl object for my title block where project & document information is pulled up automatically. However there are manual overrides for certain fields where I might want to deviate from the norm.

It took a while to make it parametric for all paper sizes and orientations (A0 to A4) especially because it was my very first GDL object, but once it was done, using it has been a breeze - and because it is placed in the drawing layout - not the master - I have total control over the output.

The original idea came from http://www.mkaplan.dircon.co.uk/CAD.html
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Djordje
Ace
Hence wrote:
i could add a parameter to the title block that would allow me to enter text information (date) that would only show up on that specific sheet and not everywhere else.
Place the <date> Autotext on the sheets where you need it. Same amount of work.

ArchiCAD usually returns the love ... 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help, those are all good ideas and i'm sure one will work out. One more question though, is there a way to change the date format? I would like the date to read 11 February 2009; the only options is see are 2/11/09 (short) and Wednesday, February 11, 2009 (long).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad is probably taking the long and short dates from how they are configured in your system. You would need to change one of those to the format you want.

In XP you get at this through the Control Panel and then Regional and Language Options. From the Regional Options press the Customise button at then the Date tab. There are two options for the long date, with or without the day.

Month/Day/Year is US format. If you want Day/Month/Year the date format would need to be changed to International. Not sure how to do that without stuffing up all the other regional settings.

Ian C
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
Hence wrote:
i could add a parameter to the title block that would allow me to enter text information (date) that would only show up on that specific sheet
If the above is really all you want, make an empty space in the title block on the master, and then simply type the date on the specific sheet with the text tool!
x2
makes sense.. why make it more difficult then it needs to be?
hkrna
Enthusiast
It is actually very-very simple:
Create an issue
Add your layouts that you want to issue
Close the issue

In the title block you can place the date of issue.
If you like more freedom, in the isse settings you can add a manual "date" parameter that you can fill out (say with yesterday's date ) Add that date field to your master layout...
Could not be any easier.
ArchiCAD since 4.5

Windows 10
Learn and get certified!