Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

how to apply a photo to an object?????

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to apply some photos to objects in my interior scene but when i do my object size scales up by 500%. I have a rug texture that I would like to add to a slab that is being used for a rug. Then i have a plasma tv and i want to add a pic from a festival so it can give the perception that the TV is broadcasting the festival. Can someone help me on this. PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:)
3 REPLIES 3
Dwight
Newcomer
Question 1: Applying a picture to an object

The easiest way to apply an image to an object is to make it a material surface, matching the size of the texture map to the size of the object face - use ArchiCAD's internal engine material dialog to do this for dimensional simplicity - then match the material in LightWorks. It will flip, however, (bug) so in the Texture Space Class, ST Layout Shader, do a T reflect in the parameter. Uncheck "Show Essential" to reveal this parameter.

If the image is not aligned, use the Align 3D Texture Command to place the lower left corner of your material repeat interval at the lower left corner of your object.

Question 2: Plasma TV

The answer is complex, taking almost two pages of my "LightWorks in ArchiCAD" book. It is easy enough to put a picture on the front of the television object, but to make it appear to glow and shine light into the room involves an assembly.
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
kjverine wrote:
I have a rug texture that I would like to add to a slab that is being used for a rug.
Use the Carpet object, specify your texture.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Question 2: Plasma TV

The answer is complex, taking almost two pages of my "LightWorks in ArchiCAD" book. It is easy enough to put a picture on the front of the television object, but to make it appear to glow and shine light into the room involves an assembly.

Dwight had mention about it in this forum.. Is it okay to post it again?