BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

how to limit reflection without losing quality . . ?

__archiben
Booster
quick question...

the attached (a work in progress) is suffering from over-reflection. but what if i'm happy with the single reflectance that i'm getting from the glass in other images? where do all of the reflections-of-reflections-of-refelctions come from, and how do i limit them?

. . . and shouldn't there be a 'reflections fall-off' so that this kind of thing doesn't happen . . . ?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is no general "number of reflections" setting that I know. What you can do is decrease the "mirror" or "specular" factor in your shader reflectance. I used to use different glass shaders (different "specular" level same everything else) to get desirable balance in particular scenes.
Dwight
Newcomer
You can change "method" as illustrated on page 21 of my book. After a certain point, surfaces become opaque.

Make glass less transparent, and increase roughness to disrupt the mirrored perfection.

You could also consider eliminating "mirror" parameters in farther glass panels.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!