Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

how to make bamboo material textures?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Help me to make bamboo texture, because i'm not found bamboo texture on Archicad 11. in Indonesia, specially Java peoples, they very familiar for using the bamboo for they houses. I has been tried to make design of a house, but i can't make bamboo for my design structure.
13 REPLIES 13
Dwight
Newcomer
Please post a picture of what you need.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
this is my sample picture where i need to be a textures.
Bamboo-background.jpg
Dwight
Newcomer
Swell image, but if the walls are to be bamboo, how are they assembled? Is it a bunch of bamboo stalks side by side? Show me a picture of a structure.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
i give you a sample how did the bamboo assembled for structure of the house, but in this sample i would like to show you how Ganjuran emergency church in Yogyakarta, middle java, Indonesia, had made by local peoples with directed by engineer.
The old church was shattered by Bantul, yogyakarta, earthquake 5.9 sr. all component to build structure are by Bamboo.
bamboo4.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry, i'm forgot to explain how to assembled bamboo to be wall. there are much way to use bamboo become wall, we can assembly with side by side model, we can make laths by cracking, plait model and so on. i'm sorry i don't have pictures, someday i will post for you
Anonymous
Not applicable
bamboo plait
bambooboard1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
flattened bamboo
flattenedBambooBoard.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
wall bamboo
wallbamboo.jpg
Dwight
Newcomer
Okay. You want to make a series of bamboo columns and framing pieces to start. For a bamboo pattern like your bamboo board, you make that like any other texture using a flat, full on seamless picture. Study any textured material [like brick] and imagine substituting a picture of a bamboo wall in there instead.

Making textures involves getting an appropriate image and sizing it in the material dialog.

For 3D bamboo framing: Archicad has a problem doing this and it is, therefore, an intermediate skill level challenge.

You'll use several tools:

The COMPLEX PROFILE
to define the contour of the bamboo shape from top to bottom.

complex profiles wiki article

and - for creating vertical bamboo, the WALL TOOL.

Draw a small circular wall using a complex profile, similar to a revolve in creating a circular section. Now you have a bamboo......

To tilt the bamboo for braces is trickier:

The bamboo column created with the complex profile and wall tool must be saved as an OBJECT, then again as a special Archirotate object using the free Cigraph tool ArchiRotate to tilt it.
bamboo object.jpg
Dwight Atkinson