Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

i cannot use the wall end tool - what is the syntax for using it?

proto
Advocate

for the life of me, I cannot use the wall end tool

i just want to cap the end of a simple drywall partition [3.5" stud + 1/2" drywall both sides]

what is the correct way to use this tool?

the cursor doesn't seem to react to the end of the wall at all

wallend-01.pngwallend-02.pngwallend-03.pngwallend-04.png

mac ACv27/4001, US full, Sonoma 14.1.2, 2020 iMac/2023 MacBook Pro
14 REPLIES 14

sorry, i do not understand this

Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

You need to click exactly on the outside corners or the end of the base / reference line for the wall end to work. 

You cannot add a wall end to a wall on a locked layer.

I know this doesn't apply in your case, but for the benefit of others, you cannot add a wall end to a COMPLEX profile.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Unfortunately I have no idea how to help you, I haven't come across this problem yet, are you sure you are trying to attach the end wall to the corner of your partition?

Proud member of UNION.ARCHI Network

@DGSketcher & @Qualifa 

I was not clicking on the exact outside corner of the wall. I am now able to use the tool.

I am only able to select one response as a Solution, but I do want to thank you both for your input.

Glad we found your problem, I would only need your likes for a response that more closely matches your solution.

However, I would advise you to pay a little more attention to the video, as it often shows the whole process of the various projected solutions from the authors.

Proud member of UNION.ARCHI Network