BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

import master layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
can i import a master layout from another .pln file?
16 REPLIES 16
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
aggie463:

Yes: Open the Organizer and click on button at the upper left hand corner, select Browse... to open another pln file, select the Layout button at the top of both panes, and than drag and drop the master layouts from the left pane to the right pane.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great..THANKS!!
Chazz
Enthusiast
The gospel I preach is to have the master data originate in the model area of a separate, dedicated pln. Give it a view name (like Office Standard Title Block) and import this into all of your relevant projects masters via "Import Drawing"
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey that is a GREAT IDEA Chazz!!! I'm working on that right now. Works on everything too... I almost stumbled there myself in the last week, creating more than enough layouts and thinking *...hmmm, there MUST be a shorter method to this madness than a master template I have to keep updating...*

YUP!
Make a master plan and import the elements as you need them to your layouts, etc!
YAY!

Eduardo Rolon
I have it in the template file in a worksheet so that it resides within the project file. Before it resided in a Detail Window, and before that it was a PMK.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
What I want to do is to import specific drawing and modeling elements from a certain Story in one ArchiCAD PLN into another PLN so that they are fully editable in the new PLN. I want to be able to edit the imported drawing and modeling elements without opening the old PLN where the drawing elements were originally created.

The way that I've been doing this for years it to simply select, cut and paste the actual drawing and modeling elements from the old PLN into the new PLN.

Is there a more streamlined way to get drawing elements from one PLN to another?
John,
Have you explored the use of Modules and Hotlinks for this ?

If we could see a thumbnail of the details, drawings, modules, etc... when we explor a folder we would all do things a little different.

ArchiCAD needs a file previewer like AutoCAD.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
aggie463:

Yes: Open the Organizer and click on button at the upper left hand corner, select Browse... to open another pln file, select the Layout button at the top of both panes, and than drag and drop the master layouts from the left pane to the right pane.

David
Has this changed in AC17? I remember doing this in earlier AC, but I'm not seeing the "browse" option in my organiser???
Eduardo Rolon
Still there.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!