Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

is it possible to create a map with the fill tool?

Lucas343
Contributor

is it possible to create a map with the fill tool?
Map with name of colors and area square metres?
Captura de tela 2022-04-13 160300.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

if you apply an area text to the fill from the info box, you can add custom text to that area text box; so you can show area calc + color + pathological factor in a single text box that actively pulls area from teh drafted 2d fill

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Lucas343
Contributor

hello group. is it possible to create a fills map containing information about perimeter, area, color, wall (or other element to which the fills are placed) and even interior elevation?

It's a complex question, I don't know I'll be able to convey my doubt.

The attached image is just an example but I would like a map with these colors to be generated, containing information such as: Color name, area in m², perimeter, location (wall 1, 2, 3... / floor 1, 2 , 3 / roof)
the colors have a different pathological agent, with repair techniques such as broken walls, vandalism etc... on this map there would also have to be a space for description of the pathology and a space for possible repairs
sorry if my question was confused

4dProof
Advisor

if you have it modeled, you can apply labels to almost anything. I don't think you'd even need to use the fill tool. If you wanted to use the fill as an overlay in elevation (which I assume is what your screen shot is trying to represent), there is a "show area" option in the info box with a fill selected. You can apply a label to the fill with autotext to pull the fill name, which could be named by color in the fill attribute settings.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
Lucas343
Contributor

I think I understand, but doesn't the use of labels end up making the procedure more complex?

The intention of these colors is to map the old house for renovation, it is a necessary procedure in my country.

Basically the criteria are:
Color, area and pathological factor (infiltration, mold, insects, cracks etc).

I thought that making a map with fill would be simpler.

I'm going to try to do this process the way you described it. Thanks for the tip

Solution

if you apply an area text to the fill from the info box, you can add custom text to that area text box; so you can show area calc + color + pathological factor in a single text box that actively pulls area from teh drafted 2d fill

is it possible to add an image to this custom text box?

i guess if you save it as an emoji... but technically, no. you would need to drag a .jpg or .png over teh elevation as a figure

Sorry @Lucas343 

Your original post got automatically quarantined as spam, if you were wondering why it had disappeared.

I just noticed it and have restored it and merged with this other post of yours, just in case it has a little more information to help explain.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks
I really didn't understand why this first post didn't appear on the forum.
thanks for getting it back

I'd like to thank you for your help. despite being an advanced method, helped me a lot I was able to make a map with the labels of pathologies found in the construction. but it was very laborious, but with a very good result. THANK YOU!