BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

layouts disappearing when updating aaaaaagggggghhhhhhhh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks

My layouts are disappearing when it updates. I've tried changing the anchor points as suggested in another post. I've stretched the frame a million miles and there is nothing there. Its only happening with some of my layouts the others are fine and i cant see anything different in their settings.

Please help before my hair turns completely grey and falls out from stress.
9 REPLIES 9
Erika Epstein
Booster
The process is to define a view and place it as a drawing on a layout sheet. Defining the View determines active Layer Combination and preview area two settings.

It sounds like you may need to redefine some of your views. To check this, select one of these 'empty' drawings on a layout. Right click and choose Open source view. Do you still see nothing?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I don't know how do you work, but since I'm using the Organizer to insert the plan, section or anything else to the view map and inserting them in the layout with the Drawing tool selecting them from internal view, I didn't have anymore this problem. I think this problem occurs when you are using the right click + Save view and place on layout more then once from the same story/section/elevation creating many view maps with the same name and setting combinations.

Check layout combinations and other view map settings before you insert drawings in the layout.

I hope I was helpful

Don't forget to insert the AC version and operation system in your profile.

Regards

Edward
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your input but still no dice.
I always use the organiser to do my layouts, eg drag and drop them where i want. When i open source view it opens the drawing up too.
All my floor plans work fine, its only my schedule layouts that have the initial floor plan that go blank when i update.

these drawing are created from drag and dropping the floor plan from project to view and renaming and assigning the right layer combo. i've have always done it this way and never had the problem. my ele's and sections are also dropping out. I'm using version 12 if this helps anyone with helping me. none of the emoticons on the side can express my frustations.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I understand your frustration.

My ex-colleage shouts out everytime when he opens a layout in layout book where some deawings disappear systematically !!!!

I remember in one project, my floor layout plans (in layout book) changed after i've opened a different floor plan....!!!

Then I discovered a trick : I saved a current view (1st floor, sections ...) by right botton clicking which will appear in view map and in my layout book, I placed uniquely these saved views by drag and dropping. This way, all my views are assigned automatically the right layer combinations and views. Also, I work with these views in view map when open a floor or section.

It's not a direct answer to your question... I hope it may help.

Good luck
Arcadia
Booster
Are you placing your drawings onto your layout in the archicad layer? If you are using a differnent layer that may be hidden when you go to the layout they won't show.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same problem. It seems that when a layer is turned off or hidden in the original drawing, the moment the layout refreshes it hides this layer, but it can never turn layers back on once they have been hidden, even if the layer on the original drawing is turned back on and you refresh.

The only workaround I have found against this problem is refreshing manually, and making sure all the layers I need are always on when I do the refresh.

Still, it would be nice if someone found a solution to this problem, or a way to manually turn the layers of the layout back on.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to make sure that when you change layer settings that the Layer Combination which is assigned to your saved view (never "Custom") is updated.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the reply, it made me realize that the layer combinations have to be changed in the definitions of the original view dialogue box for the layer combination to work. The problem was that I was looking for it in the view window's properties. But now everything seems to be working just fine.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having this problem of layouts disappearing when they update. Extremely frustrating. does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?
Thanks.

ArchiCAD 12, WinXp Pro.
Learn and get certified!