Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

lights in Art*lantis 4.0

Anonymous
Not applicable
how could i select more than one lights and change the settings just one time for all?
12 REPLIES 12
Djordje
Ace
otylyka wrote:
how could i select more than one lights and change the settings just one time for all?
You can't.

BUT - you can, by editing the DB file in the text editor. There was a tip by a French user on the old Talk, it probably can be found on the eScribe.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
if you press CTRL in artlantis (in the creating new light window )the next light created will have the same settings with the previous
P.S. if you want to activate the special menu in artlantis you must do this :
in edit shaders menu window keep press SHIFT and in the same time type the next text

((EXPERT)
and you will see a most complex shader editing menu
to activate another special hidden shader menu you can
tipe a second command

((MNSHADER)
Karl Ottenstein
Djordje wrote:
otylyka wrote:
You can't.

BUT - you can, by editing the DB file in the text editor. There was a tip by a French user on the old Talk, it probably can be found on the eScribe.
It might even be found from a non-French user ...but perhaps I repeated his/her tip. Of course, with 4.5, Artlantis no longer uses the OPT/DB combination - both of which can be edited in a text editor - but the single ATL file (which is still editable).

Editing is one way to revise lots of things at once; I've only had to do it on one project quite some time ago.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
the dificulty to set lights in artlantis is one of the major weakness of this program for an interior presentation i put a lot
of lights manual to give accents on volumes and i missing the hidden continous neon light between to ceilings levels to create
indirect ilumination
Anonymous
Not applicable
archibaldo wrote:
P.S. if you want to activate the special menu in artlantis you must do this :
in edit shaders menu window keep press SHIFT and in the same time type the next text

((EXPERT)
and you will see a most complex shader editing menu
to activate another special hidden shader menu you can
tipe a second command

((MNSHADER)

I'm obviously missing something somewhere: could you explain it again for a moron?
Thomas Holm
Booster
A small tip: To edit the huge Artlantis .db or .atl files, you need a text editor that can swallow huge files and perform fast searches without changing anything that's not to be changed, On the Mac I recommend BBedit. The freeware Lite version will do.

Thomas
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Karl Ottenstein
Shaun wrote:
I'm obviously missing something somewhere: could you explain it again for a moron?
Only for the Italian-speaking ones. 😉

http://www.archiradar.com/eng/relatedsw/Artlantis/Artlantis-menunascosto.htm

Ciao
Karl

PS For the rest of us, http://babelfish.altavista.com sort of translates (paste in the url from above) ... but the Italian is almost easier! The English translation is pretty amusing anyway.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
Karl wrote:
It might even be found from a non-French user ...but perhaps I repeated his/her tip.
... and the URL is ... ?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
otylyka wrote:
You can't.

How can i do it?