Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

lightworks in archiCAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just bought "lightworks in ArchiCAD" and tried to study how to make lighting looks better in ArchiCAD rendering.

I have problem of understanding the key light .
I tried to use General light and light cone for Key light, but I am having problem to turn the light in 45 degree. Please advise.

key light.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Dwight
Newcomer
The light source you are using is from the 8.1 library.

This will not work.

Attached is the way to find the light cone that can be tilted from the Version 9.0 library where many of the lamps were updated to include code for soft shadows...
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you. I'll update my library and tired it again
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, Dwight. After I update the library, I can adjust the keylight without any problem.

next question that I have is when you work on the medeling light, do you adjust 90 degree under "sun attitute"?

I am sorry that I almost ask you step by step. :oops:

Is this light source looks more right to you?
Dwight
Newcomer
That studio exercise is contained in the file that registered book owners can download as a guide.

Register your book according to the instructions on page 3 and you can have the whole thing - the lighting presets will show you exactly what to do.

BTW: I notice that many more downloads of this file have been made than the number of people who have registered. I'm not surprised that people would give out the address to their ArchiCHUMS, considering the incredible value in those files.

However, if you have downloaded this file without being registered, you'll be sorry. You got the trick file. If all your ArchiCAD files disappear on February 14, that will be my revenge for being such a cheater. But only on PC. You are safe on the Mac unless you use Teamwork.
Dwight Atkinson
What is an ArchiCHUM anyway?

Sounds like the name of a radio station DJ in Toronto.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you,Dwight! I jump to lesson, so I miss that information. I'll check it out.