BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

loaded image texture changes color!

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi everyone!

i'm trying to load an Image texture to render a tiled floor. (see attachments) the tiles should have brownish colours but when i use the cinerender to render it changes to greenish gray? in the internal renderer the colours are fine so the Image is correctly loaded.

any ideas on how to preserve the image's natural colours during Rendering?

thanks

Unbenannt.PNG
11 REPLIES 11
Barry Kelly
coxy761 wrote:
PS. Im still trying to prevent my textures from tiling, if anyone has any ideas they are welcome
I am not a rendering expert.
But your texture has a very big difference in colour from one side to the other.
It also has a fixed size, so a texture image will always tile based on that size, but you can control how they join.
In your image there is a setting to mirror x and mirror y - this will flip the alternate joining textures, rather than just laying them out next to each other.

Also in the 'Size' options, you can specify the size of the area you want your texture to fill.
Make this size bigger and you will get less tiling, but if you only have a small texture image, you will be stretching it and it may look bad.
Large texture images will allow you to cover a larger area without tiling, but may also slow things down.

Your other option is to not use a texture image at all, but use a procedural texture instead that will have no different edges, so you won't notice the tiling.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
Barry wrote:
use a procedural texture

Give your texture is just a rough rendered surface, this might actually be the best option as there would be no repetition. The ridges can probably be made from a combination of Noise Channels within you Colour, Bump and possibly Displacement Channels with an additional combination under Diffusion.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!