Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

locked door leaf parameters

4dProof
Advisor

whats the secret to unlocking the garage door leaf vertical panel parameter? currently set to 5, but grayed out and uneditable... new feature suggestion: give a link to the setting for unlocking hidden or locked out parameters in all library based elements!

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 11.26.55 AM.png

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
4 REPLIES 4

Probably pretty easy to open the object and edit it.

probably; but it is part of the ootb .lfc, and I don't even want to go down the road of f'ing around with all the macro's involved, let alone deal with extracting and building a new "custom" AC library 25. I could probably just save it in the EL or a project/office library; but again, getting into the macros of the door parts is a can of worms for people with more time and patience than me (or for the GS developers, ideally)

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

I have so many modified objects, I just save them as a copy so I don't have to deal with .lcf.

And using Ctrl shift o to open up macros makes finding the code you need way easy.

I find I spend less time modifying an object than finding a work around.

However I do have a pretty good gdl knowledge.

David Maudlin
Virtuoso

4dProof:

My guess is that door panel style is not parametric for that variable (on my computer it is set to 1, but there are 4 vertical sections). [The door object calls a macro in the Master Script, so trying to follow the code is too much work.] You could try using D1 Garage 01, Style 11, which is parametric for both vertical and horizontal panels.

You should edit your Signature (click the Profile button near the top of this page) to add your Archicad version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14