Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

master layout settings for other drawings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

perhaps I am not getting it right but I need some advice here.
I just created a perfect 11x17 layout for my check set, with my logo etc..
now I want to start a new project how do I import my 11x17 layout to the next project, I cannot seem to figure it out. Do i have to make a new layout ( 11x17 and 24x36 ) for every project ????

or can I add my own sheets to the master layouts ( where they reside on the computer ) and how/where do I do that ??

thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
You can import a Master Layout via the Navigator. What you should do in the future is establish a Template file (where your standard titleblocks reside) from which you start new projects.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks,

I just realized that after posting that I should create a template file and work with that one. Your suggestion should work well for retro actively trying to update my drawings. Somehow I have been unsuccessful in getting it to work..
I will keep on trying

thanks
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Open up the Organizer (via Navigator). From the left hand panel, Browse to the file where you want to import the Master from. Select the Layout Book icon, and drag the desired Master into the active file in the right hand panel.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5