BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

material direction changes when photorenderprojection

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I do a photorender projection, it changes the direction of my roofing materials. It does not do this in all situations, but random roof planes will have a different direction than what I see in 3d or elevations. This happens w/ metal roofing and shingle style roofing. How do I correct this?

I am using release 17. Please help...

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I tried to add some .jpgs to the forum post to show what is happening, but not able to do that...??? It let me add a 'filename' attachment - but only one, and I don't see the image on the forum - is it there? Of course I have all kinds of easy options for adding emoticons...
Karl Ottenstein
Did you use a delivered surface material or did you modify one or define a new one?

The orientation of the texture image is independent of the fill/hatch pattern that you see in elevation. Further, the orientation in the 3D window is independent of what you see using the Lightworks engine...until you click the button in the setting dialog for LW to match with internal.

Ps. When you attach a file here (only one per post), you'll see the file type and file size restrictions... In bytes and pixels. Your file must be too large... So a smaller, cropped screen shot will probably do there trick.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
i used a standard material surface for metal roofing. I have had the same issue with standard shingle roofing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, so got the image up - thanks for the tip - it was too large before. So, how do I change the orientation of just that one section (with red arrow pointing to it). It is fine in the 3d...
Barry Kelly
Check that you have the latest hotfix (build 5019).
I seem to recall a bug in the early builds.
In fact I just realised I had build 3013 installed myself (new machine and I hadn't updated it yet).
I can confirm it is a problem in that build.
Just updated and now all is fine.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I updated the software with the hotfix and that took care of the issue in this instance - thanks!!!
Learn and get certified!