Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

multileader17 Title and ID Tag

joypog
Newcomer
I'm new to this Archicad thing at the office and I'm trying to do some tags. Typically people in the office have had to modify both the Title ("help!") and the Tag ID ("PT-257"). Is there any autotext that could connect the title to match the Tag ID?
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think you should be using the Label Tool.
The reason there is a "Multileader Label" object in the library is that the normal Label Tool cannot create a Label with multiple leaders. However, the Label Tool is still much better because it can read data and parameters of the element it labels (including ID), while the Multileader Label object doesn't have this capability.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
joypog
Newcomer
Thanks! I'm new to the firm so I will most likely wait till the next project to propose changing to leaders.

Let me ask a follow up question: so until they add additional leaders to the leader tool, you think it would be preferable to just use labels with additional polyline arrows as necessary for "multi leader" type situations?

It seems to make sense to me, but I'm new to BIM so I don't want to stick my neck out too far. Cheers!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, this is what I would do if I needed multiple leaders because then I would still have all that the Label Tool offers.
You can also consider grouping the additional Leader Lines with the Label so they can be moved together.
(I am assuming you are coming from Revit because you call those Labels Tags, which is Revit terminology.) So grouping in ArchiCAD simply means that when elements are grouped, they can be all selected by selecting any element within the group (providing the Suspend Groups toggle is not ON), then moved together.
But they don't have the kind of functionality like in Revit, where changing an element of a Group will modify all other instances of that Group.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or better yet.... cut out the door from the curtain wall contour and place a normal door in a wall (same size as the door so it doesn't show). Doors will be easier to manage, schedule, tag, dimension and modify this way.