BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

new vs old bimx

Dave Brach
Advocate
I just realized my BIMx pro on iPad pro is legacy and downloaded the new viewer app. I have about 30 projects on the old app, which I use as a portfolio with prospective clients. Do I need to download each project one-by-one onto the new app?? also when I go to the transfer site to grab a new project from my firm, it wants to open it in the old app--how do I change that default? do I need to delete the old app? (I'd like to keep both for now)
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
43 REPLIES 43

Hi Rex,
I'm happy to share that the essential developments are done regarding an enhancement that will make visualization more realistic. We're working on further improvements and plan to add this feature to the mobile apps soon. 

Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager

Hi Roland. Any news on the BIMx front with visual improvements? We really need BIMx to look good for presentations like the Legacy version. It's been almost three years I believe since the new BIMx came out with the flat rendering style. Thanks!

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System

Hi Rex, my previous reply is still relevant. You can track BIMx release dates in BIMx News

Roland Szabo
BIMx Product Manager

Hi Roland, I'm sorry, I must have forgotten about your January response as I didn't see it here in this thread. I only came back to ask after a presentation yesterday where the BIMx app was fresh on my mind. I look forward to seeing its improvements soon! Thanks!

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System