Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

opening tools 2D representation problem.

William Yan
Expert

Hello guys,

When I set the wall material fill method to background and pen set to transparent, the opening tools symbol in 2D is gone, but 3D is ok. Is it a bug?2021-10-23_21-13-05.png

AC 26 5002 CHI, Windows 10
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

I think so.

The opening symbol should not be changing because the wall building material (fill) is changing.

I can't see the logic in that.

As a work-around, use a white pen as the fill background or the screen pen (-1).

It seems only to be a problem when the building material is at the edge of the wall.

BarryKelly_0-1635127763829.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi All,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry for the issue!

This was a known issue in our database, recorded as DEF-2011. 

The problem is that the cut fill of the building material of the wall is an empty fill (a transparent background fill). The Opening does not cut these fill types on floorplan. It may be strange, but if there is a composite wall with air space skin, the Opening will not cut into the air space skin which is expected behavior. 

But we do see that in some cases, where the whole wall is one transparent fill, this behavior seems to be an error. I will add your report to the defect. As Barry pointed out, using pen -1 will fix the issue.

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Barry Kelly

I think so.

The opening symbol should not be changing because the wall building material (fill) is changing.

I can't see the logic in that.

As a work-around, use a white pen as the fill background or the screen pen (-1).

It seems only to be a problem when the building material is at the edge of the wall.

BarryKelly_0-1635127763829.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thank you Barry. 🤝

AC 26 5002 CHI, Windows 10
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi All,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry for the issue!

This was a known issue in our database, recorded as DEF-2011. 

The problem is that the cut fill of the building material of the wall is an empty fill (a transparent background fill). The Opening does not cut these fill types on floorplan. It may be strange, but if there is a composite wall with air space skin, the Opening will not cut into the air space skin which is expected behavior. 

But we do see that in some cases, where the whole wall is one transparent fill, this behavior seems to be an error. I will add your report to the defect. As Barry pointed out, using pen -1 will fix the issue.

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT