BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

partial structure display for dimension

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can I get my dimensions to not turn off when I switch from entire model to partial structure display. The dimensions are to a slab with no composite finishes.
19 REPLIES 19
Eduardo Rolon
Grab the node and snap it to the same item. I have a GO that turns nonassociative dims red so I can see them.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

DGSketcher
Legend
ejrolon wrote:
I have a GO that turns nonassociative dims red so I can see them.
I have tried to set this up & failed as I can't see how you determine a nonassociative dimension. Please can you share your settings?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Eduardo Rolon
Here you go.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

DGSketcher
Legend
Thank you! I had missed the option under Model View.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Karl Ottenstein
ejrolon wrote:
Here you go.
Excellent tip and example usage of Graphics Overrides to highlight static dimensions, Eduardo! This should be in the Tips forum and part of everyone's setup when 'auditing' their model files. 🙂
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Grab the node and snap
I wish it would be better way
Karl wrote:
Excellent tip
Thats true. It can make life easier.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Karl wrote:
Excellent tip and example usage of Graphics Overrides to highlight static dimensions, Eduardo! This should be in the Tips forum and part of everyone's setup when 'auditing' their model files. 🙂
I was thinking that, nice way to slap some people on the wrist for not dimensioning 'properly'
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

hi @Eduardo Rolon  sorry to dig this up and bother you again - your GO works great and the method too - though one thing I'm observing now is that after relinking, the ones that are now associative are still showing up in pink which should be the static ones - any clue why this is happening? 

AC23 AUSTRALIA
MacBook Pro M1 2020 8GB Memory | macOS Monterey 12.3.1

You have to make sure that every node is associated.

Even if only one node is static, the GO will override the entire dimension.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

thanks @Barry Kelly - indeed that was the case. It feels like AC has a trend of "Apply to all" 😉

AC23 AUSTRALIA
MacBook Pro M1 2020 8GB Memory | macOS Monterey 12.3.1
Learn and get certified!