BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

pdf-for email or presentation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I got 2 questions, about pdf and pictures in layouts,

may someone can help me.

I want to Know how to create a small pdf of an already made plotmaker-Layout of "archicad 9".
Its an older project and I need it to fit in an email not for printing, just a presentation. Its a Layout witch includes pictures in tiff and psd formats.
The problem is after generating the pdf with the publisher, the pdf`s a look horrible.
-The lines are total fat (the drawings are made with hairlines!) most colours are not right.
-And the pictures don't use the right backround-transparency. (So that the beautiful trees i used have white backrounds and stand in front of my drawings...)

The print i get of the plottmakerversion was correct! Just the pdf on screen wasn`t. Why?

I actually tried to transform the layout in archicad 10, but it wont work.

2. Question:
In Archicad 10, you think its better to load pictures direct in the drawings or is it better to load them in the (integrated) plotmaker?

When i load pictures in the drawing it seems to me easier, but the pictures get enormous big and in the further version no.9 there was a button witch i miss know (in plotmaker) there was the option to make the picture on the screen as a bitmap or just not to see, so that the workflow was much faster when many pictures and stuff is loaded in the layout. Where to get this option now. Does ArchiCad forget it?

And also the question about pdf!?-If i wright a pdf of this its so big that i cant easy mail it, i think because of the big pictures. But, do i realy have to make two separate layouts? One for printing with pictures of 300dpi and one for screens with extra loaded 75dpi or what?

How does it function?

it would be glad if someone could help me. Thanx, Sam.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mac or Windows?

When you print to PDF make sure to do the scaling in the print dialog so that line weights are scaled with the overall drawing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Matthew,

thanx for replay.
I`m sorry but i didn't understand, what you mean by scaling in print dialog-Where?
and what does it mean: "line weights are scaled with the overall drawing"

Sorry, may its my english or the thing that i didn't realy know the print-window-issues. (I cant try it right now, cause i`m mailing on a different computerstation)

Microsoft system!

Sam.

"Matthew Lohden" wrote:
Mac or Windows?

When you print to PDF make sure to do the scaling in the print dialog so that line weights are scaled with the overall drawing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Vieleicht verstehe ich Sie auch nicht so gut.

I don't remember PlotMaker 9 so well anymore. I thought perhaps you were having a simple scaling problem. On closer reading I am not sure. When you say the print is fine but it looks bad on screen are you talking about the same file? In that case it may just be the software you are using to display the PDF. If you are talking about two different outputs (one to the printer and another to PDF) I am suggesting that you print to a PDF file (on Windows this uses the Amyuni printer installed by ArchiCAD - on Mac it's built-in).
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Sandra wrote:
When i load pictures in the drawing it seems to me easier, but the pictures get enormous big and in the further version no.9 there was a button witch i miss know (in plotmaker) there was the option to make the picture on the screen as a bitmap or just not to see, so that the workflow was much faster when many pictures and stuff is loaded in the layout. Where to get this option now. Does ArchiCad forget it?
Sam:

If you use the Drawing Tool to load the images, there is an option under On-Screen Preview: that can be set to Full Drawing or Frame Only (no bit map option).

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!