BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

plotmaker fails

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody, I'm trying to plot using plotmaker because it's impossible to make my Xerox 2230IJ work on Windows 7.

I have to to it using our network and plot in the old pc with Windows XP. But the problem is that when I plot to save the PLT file, everything seems fine, just like the PDF output, including the PLT preview looks like the archicad version, but the result in the plotter is that some fills are overlaped just like when we activate the 'transparent fills and zones' to use as reference.

Anybody had any problem like that ever or knows any solution?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Eww... Plotmaker. Sorry, no help here...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can open the PLT file for editing in PlotMaker and modify the problematic Fills so there is no overlap.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sorry I meant Plotflow... my bad. There are no options, it just plots right? Maybe it's a plotter problem, as it's very old.. plots PDF files but it's really slow.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, PlotFlow is only for processing the plot files so you can continue in ArchiCAD without having to wait for them to plot.

Just to let you know: as of ArchiCAD 15, PlotFlow is no longer part of the ArchiCAD package:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/PlotFlow
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!