Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

plotting stops

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im plotting my layouts

the plans no problem, the sections and bitmaps on layout 2 stop at 17% when "printing" to my HP design Jet A1 printer. THe printer spits out an unfinshed print

why is this. Final crit in 4 hours.

help!
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
ive published the layout to a bmp. This plots, but as you well know the lines are not CAD quality. hmm. does anyone know why it was not plotting. Seams like the file was too big and the printer was timing out perhaps? that shouldnt really bea problem should it?
Djordje
Ace
BryanRichards wrote:
ive published the layout to a bmp. This plots, but as you well know the lines are not CAD quality. hmm. does anyone know why it was not plotting. Seams like the file was too big and the printer was timing out perhaps? that shouldnt really bea problem should it?
It seems that the printer does not have enough memory.

Print layout sheets one at a time.

Check the size of the bitmaps placed on the layout. ANY IMAGE IS A BITMAP!!!!

Print to PDF and print the PDF afterwards.

HINT: Try printing BEFORE you have 4 hours left. Let it print while you sleep for the last 4 hours.

Good luck!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
i did mention that i printed my plans without a problem. Did this two days before to make sure the plotting would run smoothly, maybe daft but not that daft. Didn't expect t his problem.

As for file size they were not that big totaling to about 5Meg at the most. How long would it normally take to process over a LAN T10/100. Would it be better to plot direct? just means playing with the wire.

Had the Crit, went fine (especially when you start comparing) just have to say a big thanks to everyone who helped me out when times got a little stressful. Well worth the challenge. Just have to wait now for the final ever crit in the degree which starts end of Jan.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!