BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

printing line weights

Anonymous
Not applicable
Confused in printing BoldCutLines from Layout to Epson. Any help?
8 REPLIES 8
TomWaltz
Participant
Confused in lack of detail. Can you tell us more?
Tom Waltz
Andy Thomson
Advisor
I think by bold cutlines you are referring to a display only option - that won't print. Try setting cutlines in your section marker's settings? A wild guess.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
View>OnScreenViewOptions>BoldCutLines

This is the way we would like to print also but the printed result is in 'hairlines'.
What I am looking for is the way to set the printed result to show BoldCutLines. (I am trying to avoid setting pen weights).
Andy Thomson
Advisor
andyro wrote:
Try setting cutlines in your section marker's settings...
I love quoting myself 😉
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
does this relate to floor plans?
TomWaltz
Participant
constantine wrote:
View>OnScreenViewOptions>BoldCutLines

This is the way we would like to print also but the printed result is in 'hairlines'.
What I am looking for is the way to set the printed result to show BoldCutLines. (I am trying to avoid setting pen weights).
Sorry, pen weights are the only way Archicad has to change the weight that something prints with.

Andy's right that the Section tool lets you modify the pen of cut elements, but it's still based on setting a pen somewhere.

Since the section tool only creates sections, it does not have any effect on plans.

Why are you adverse to using pens for what they are made for?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
...just because the model is created without thinking of pens and we would like to have all drawings printed ..yesterday. Setting the lines and then making sure each element has the correct lines is a job that if not done at the beginning is not easily decided to do afterwards...In addition, I am almost sure than version 9 allowed printing with Bold CutLines if this was the Display setting.
thanks for the help
TomWaltz
Participant
constantine wrote:
...just because the model is created without thinking of pens and we would like to have all drawings printed ..yesterday. Setting the lines and then making sure each element has the correct lines is a job that if not done at the beginning is not easily decided to do afterwards...In addition, I am almost sure than version 9 allowed printing with Bold CutLines if this was the Display setting.
thanks for the help
Sorry, but AC9 did not allow that either.

You do have to think about things like lineweights, line types, layers, and such when working on a model. If not, Find & Select makes it pretty easy to change afterward. Like most things, you can do them now or you can do them later, but if you want decent looking drawings, you have to do them at some time.
Tom Waltz
Learn and get certified!