Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

printing problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having trouble printing my .pdf's published from my ArchiCAD file... see attached. There are two issues, one is horizontal banding in the image that seems related to model geometry... The .pdf was sent at 100% to the printer to avoid compression issues.

The second is hatches of the same material not presenting the same... It's at the intersection of board and batten siding where a gable wall meets the story wall below it.

Any ideas?
Thanks,

Scan of printed elevation.JPG
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the other image... this is straight from the .pdf output from the ArchiCAD publisher... The hatch on the top wall seems fuzzy... This is not visible in the elevation view. They are both complex profile walls and both using the same building material.The walls don't overlap...
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is how the .pdf prints... notice the way there seems to be an additional change halfway down the lower wall... disclaimer, this is not exactly the same gable in the model as the other gable... but they are all doing "it".
Anonymous
Not applicable
Turns out all the banding goes away if I turn shadows off... super bummed... I like shadows... 😞
Eduardo Rolon
you could try a different shadow fill to see if it does not create banding.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

The is another way to get the shadows in your drawings.
Not a good way, but if you really need to do it -
You can switch to the Vectorial Engine and in 3D view use the marque tool to copy only the shadows. Then paste them into drawing.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25